Contingent on Contract Award
The Aviation Technical Trainer manages the organization and oversight of day-to-day OJT/Mentorship training instruction at their location per the direction of the Training Manager. Manages day-to-day execution of client efforts though the coordinated efforts of assigned personnel. Responsible to maintain sufficient instructors and their qualifications. Plans, develops, conducts, evaluates and coordinates specialized training courses for aircraft specific systems. Analyzes the knowledge, skills and abilities required for each particular job and develops Job Qualification Standards (JQS) and proficiency task lists. Researches, assesses, and confers with management and customers representative, or other personnel as necessary to determine training needs. Develops course outlines and lesson plans, and selects or develops training material. Evaluates and updates training programs to evaluate effectiveness of training. Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease cycle time and streamline work processes, and works cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service. Provides technical guidance to maintenance personnel performing aircraft and subsystem maintenance and evaluates maintenance operations and facilities for compliance with directives, technical manuals, work standards, safety procedures, and operational policies. Performs maintenance trend analysis and applies production control and other management principles and procedures to training of maintenance operations. Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease cycle time and streamline work processes, and works cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
Location: Fort Rucker AL
Job Type: Full-time
Category: Government Contracting CONUS
Clearance: NACI (public Trust)
Education:Required HS, Preferred: BS degree, Technical or Military School Training FAA license/certification
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- The candidate must have successfully completed formal conducted by the U.S. Army or Armed Forces equivalent, or training courses (maintenance management) conducted by industry or civilian institutions. training (e.g. BNOC/ANOC, OEM course etc.)
- Have a minimum of one-year experience in adult education or educational program development.
- Have a minimum of five years experience in aviation maintenance and possess two years experience working in production.
- Two or more years experience managing/supervising personnel is required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field and five-years experience in aviation maintenance is desired.
- Graduate of a recognized instructor-training course, have a minimum of one-year experience in adult education or educational program development is desired.
- Assigned aircraft training and experience is required.
- The candidate must be knowledgeable in the principles, training methods, and techniques used in adult education and possess the ability to plan, organize, and coordinate the execution of training programs.
- He or she must be skilled in developing training objectives, lesson plans, and training materials, and possess the ability to operate audio-visual aides and equipment.
- The candidate must be skilled in public speaking and possess the ability to instruct others in both a classroom and a system/aircraft environment.
- The candidate must have a results-oriented commitment to the continuing evolution of the training program.
- The candidate must be able to meet any Government/Company licensing/qualification requirements for the position and obtain the level of Industrial Security Clearance required by the Government. * The candidate must possess thorough knowledge of aircraft systems, applicable maintenance/technical publications, basic tools, special tools, test, and ground support equipment.
- He or she must be able to read and interpret technical data, drawings, blueprints, maintenance instructions and other applicable data.
- He or she must have thorough knowledge of Army and commercial aviation maintenance practices and regulations. * The candidate must have the ability to coordinate the activities of different departments, or sections, to ensure to the timely support of the maintenance process.
- He or she must be able to read, write, speak and understand English and be able to follow written and oral instructions * The candidate must have knowledge of and the application of quality tools.
- Must be knowledgeable of problem-solving techniques and have knowledge of ISO 9000 Quality Management System.
- The individual must have excellent prioritization, organization, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office
Physical Requirements and working Conditions:
- Location of duty is Fort Rucker Alabama
- This classification activity is, while normally accomplished in an office environment, does have duties that require the individual to work outside the office environment.
- Typical physical demands or activities include climbing, standing, bending, stooping, pushing, kneeling, reaching and walking.
- May be required to lift objects whose weight normally will not exceed 50 pounds.
- Special vision abilities required to perform this job are close vision, peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
- Must be able to withstand extreme temperatures and environments while working in field conditions.
- Must have correctable vision.
LICENSING, CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Formal/Specialized Training or Equivalent
- Security Clearance #
- Valid State Driver’s License #
- FAA Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) Certificate #
Travel Requirements: 0-5%