Contingent on Contract Award
Location: Embakasi Barracks, Nairobi, Kenya
Job Type: Full-time Rotation 60/60
Category: Government Contracting CONUS
Clearance: NACI (Public Trust)
Education: High School Diploma mandatory; Equivalent Technical or Military School Training, FAA License/Certification
CFSR -The CFSR is the conduit between the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and the host country. The CFSR is responsible for a wide variety of duties to include, but not limited to; advise/assist in troubleshooting airframe, armament systems and subsystems, resolve warranty issues with the OEM and provide mentorship to the host country in the development of programs for: maintenance, logistics (supply), bench stock, flying hours, tool room, calibration program for Test, Measurement, and Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE), Foreign Object Damage (FOD), weight and balance, quality control, and publications.
Mentorship – Mentorship is a long-term individual relationship in which a more experienced or more knowledgeable person helps to guide a less experienced or less knowledgeable person. The mentor may be older or younger than the person being mentored but must have a certain area of expertise. A mentor guides the what, how and when parts of utilization of previously acquired skills and knowledge, provides encouragement and instills values. Advice is career-focused on helping the mentee achieve a long-term goal. Mentorship is a learning and development partnership between someone with vast experience and someone who wants to learn.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- The candidate must have strong working knowledge of the MD530 series helicopter, Armed version preffered.
- Have a minimum of five years experience in aviation maintenance and possess two years experience working in production.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field and five-years experience in aviation maintenance is desired.
- The candidate must be skilled in public speaking and possess the ability to instruct others in both a classroom and a system/aircraft environment.
- The candidate must have a results-oriented commitment to the continuing evolution of the training program.
- The candidate must be able to meet any Government/Company licensing/qualification requirements for the position.
- The candidate must possess thorough knowledge of aircraft systems, applicable maintenance/technical publications, basic tools, special tools, test, and ground support equipment.
- The candidate must be able to read and interpret technical data, drawings, blueprints, maintenance instructions and other applicable data.
- The candidate must be able to read, write, speak and understand English and be able to follow written and oral instructions * The candidate must have knowledge of and the application of quality tools.
- The candidate must have excellent prioritization, organization, analytical and decision-making skills.
- The candidate must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office
Physical Requirements and working Conditions:
- Location of duty is in Nairobi, Kenya
- This classification activity is, while normally accomplished in an office environment, does have duties that require the individual to work outside the office environment.
- Typical physical demands or activities include climbing, standing, bending, stooping, pushing, kneeling, reaching and walking.
- May be required to lift objects whose weight normally will not exceed 50 pounds.
- Special vision abilities required to perform this job are close vision, peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
- Must be able to withstand extreme temperatures and environments while working in field conditions.
- Must have correctable vision.
LICENSING, CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Security Clearance #
- Valid State Driver’s License #
- FAA Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) or FAA, Commercial Liceecne
Travel Requirements: 60/60 rotation schedule