Contingent on Contract Award
Location: Fort Rucker AL
Job Type: Full-time
Category: Government Contracting CONUS
Clearance: NACI (Public Trust)
Education: High School Diploma mandatory; Bachelor Degree in related field preferred (experience considered).
- Manages air, ground, and industrial safety programs in the AMSS Backshops IAW company, PWS, federal, state, and local regulatory guidance.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve safety operations, eliminate mishaps, and protect resources.
- Develops and sustains a culture of safety, quality compliance, and professionalism. Ensures compliance with directives, technical manuals, work standards, safety procedures, and company policies relating to airfield operations.
- Ensures sufficient manpower, technical data, tools and equipment are available to meet regulatory requirements.
- Monitors attendance, approves timecards, assigns overtime.
- Applies Company policy and procedures pertaining to the promotion, training, discipline, and termination of employees.
- Ensures employees possess the qualifications and certifications necessary to perform their jobs.
- Three years of safety program management/administration experience, 12 years of experience in a military aviation environment.
- High School Diploma mandatory; Bachelor Degree in related field required (experience considered).
- Must be a graduate of one of the following: U.S, Army Aviation Safety Officer Program, Naval and Marine Safety Officer Course, USAF Flight Safety Officer Course, U.S. Army Ground Safety Officer Course, U.S. Army Aviation Safety NCO course, Naval Aviation Safety Specialist Course, USAF 1S0X1 (Journeyman (5-skill) level or higher certification) Course, American National Standards Institute (ASI) accredited U.S. Army CP-12 Program, or a Baccalaureate Degree in Safety.
- Able to obtain/maintain security clearance as required by PWS.
- Comprehensive understanding of aircraft maintenance, safety, and quality control procedures in an Army aviation environment.
- Must possess competent computer skills.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English.
- Must be able to moves about both inside aircraft hangars and outside on aircraft ramps within close proximity of running equipment and aircraft.
- Must be reliable, self-motivated, and able to deal with stressful situations and timelines while maintaining a professional and non-confrontational attitude.
Physical Requirements and working Conditions:
- Location of duty is Fort Rucker Alabama
- This classification activity is, while normally accomplished in an office environment, does have duties that require the individual to work outside the office environment.
- Typical physical demands or activities include climbing, standing, bending, stooping, pushing, kneeling, reaching and walking.
- May be required to lift objects whose weight normally will not exceed 50 pounds.
- Special vision abilities required to perform this job are close vision, peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
- Must be able to withstand extreme temperatures and environments while working in field conditions.
- Must have correctable vision.
LICENSING, CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Formal/Specialized Training or Equivalent
- Valid State Driver’s License #
- Able to obtain a Security Clearance #
Travel Requirements: 0-5%